The Alfa Fellowship Program is a high-level professional development initiative placing up to fifteen American and British citizens per year, and has been expanded this year to include three citizens of Germany, in work assignments at leading organizations in Russia in the fields of business, economics, journalism, law, public policy, energy management, and related areas. Key goals of the Alfa Fellowship Program are expanding networks of American, British and German professionals, developing greater intercultural understanding, and advancing knowledge of Russian relations.
The Alfa Fellowship Program begins with language training in the U.S., U.K., or Germany followed by a language course in Moscow starting in mid-June. Throughout the summer, Alfa Fellows attend a seminar program with key public and private sector officials to discuss current issues facing Russia. Fellows then work at prominent organizations in Russia, including private companies, media outlets, think tanks, and foundations.
Eligible candidates must have a graduate degree and professional experience in business, economics, journalism, law, public policy, energy management, or a related field. Russian language proficiency is not required, but is preferred. The Fellowship includes a generous monthly stipend, language training, program-related travel costs, housing and insurance.
- U.S., U.K. or German citizen between the ages of 25 and 35
- Graduate degree and professional experience in business, economics, journalism, law, government or public policy. Candidates without a graduate degree must demonstrate extensive and equivalent professional experience in their field.
- Fluent in English
- Outstanding professional achievement and academic qualifications - Active involvement in community or public service
- Evidence of leadership potential
- Russian language experience is preferred, however not required, at the time of application. Applicants proficient in another second language may be considered.
Interested applicants can take part in our
Alfa Fellowship Program Information Session
Thursday, November 6, 2014 at 18:00 CET
Cultural Vistas gGmbH
Pariser Platz 6 (Allianz Forum), 10117 Berlin
Please register via https://alfaberlin116.eventbrite.com to attend.
The application deadline for the 2015-2016 program year is December 1, 2014. To access the online application, please visit: www.alfafellowship.org
For more information about the Alfa Fellowship Program or application process please contact: Cultural Vistas, Inc.
Alfa Fellowship Program
440 Park Avenue South, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10016 USA
Tel. (+1) 212-497-3510
Fax. (+1) 212-497-3587
- Atlantic-Community.org in Transition
- Towards a More Inclusive Transatlantic Partnership: Update on the 2nd Atlantic Expedition
- Topic of the Month: The Future of Health Care
- Do We Need Data Donations?
- eHealth - Tele-Monitoring and Tele-Medicine - Digital Innovation in the Life Science Sector in Germany