DAAD-AICGS Research Fellowship
The American Institute for Contemporary German Studies is now accepting applications for the next round of DAAD fellowships. The application deadline for Fall 2016 (July 2016 – December 2016) is February 28, 2016.
The DAAD/AICGS Research Fellowship Program, funded by a generous grant from the Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD), is designed to bring scholars and specialists working on Germany, Europe, and/or transatlantic relations to AICGS for research stays of two consecutive months each. Fellowships include a monthly stipend of up to $4,725, depending on the seniority of the applicant; transportation to and from Washington; and office space at the Institute.
Please note that the DAAD/AICGS Research Fellowship supports fellows conducting research at AICGS in Washington DC. We are unable to support research in Germany/Europe.
DAAD/AICGS Research Fellows will be expected to produce a short analytical essay that will be published on the AICGS website and distributed via the Institute's targeted analysis newsletter, The AICGS Advisor. For fellows producing research output of exceptional quality and interest, AICGS will provide opportunities for public presentations to the broader Washington policy community.
- EU's Litmus Test in the Western Balkans
- It's the State of our Democracy, Stupid! Why Transatlantic Relations are in Trouble
- The Reverse Trump Effect: EU Populist Movements After Trump Took Office
- Smaller and Larger Nations: Concert of Big Powers or Fair Balance of Interests?
- The Trump-Merkel Summit: After the Storm, a Vital Trans-Atlantic Agenda