NATO Towards Challenges of a Contemporary World - After the Warsaw 2016 Summit
Atlantic-community.org is a media partner of the conference NATO Towards Challenges of a Contemporary World – After the Warsaw 2016 Summit organized by the International Relations Research Institute in Warsaw and Faculty of International and Political Studies (University of Lodz, Poland) in cooperation with Institute of Political Studies (Charles University, Czech Republic).
The conference will be held by the University of Lodz in Poland from 17 to 18 November 2016. The invitation is addressed to scholars, researchers, experts and professionals who are interested in NATO issues and the transatlantic security.
The organizers welcome a very wide-ranging paper proposals, but always related to NATO's agenda and topics discussed during the 2016 Warsaw Summit. A special theme of the conference will be a V4 perspective — one of the panels will be confined strictly to the perspectives of V4 states on NATO's strategy.
All papers presented during the conference must cohere with the conference's theme and NATO's agenda, particularly the Warsaw Summit 2016 and its outcome. Irrelevant topics will not be accepted.
- The outcome of the Warsaw Summit 2016
- NATO's "Eastern Flank" (including VJTF)
- NATO's "Southern Flank" (including migration crisis and the Islamic State)
- NATO's "Northern Flank" (including cooperation with Sweden and Finland)
- Current and future NATO Strategic Concept
- Air and missile defense (including EPAA)
- The transatlantic defense and security relations
- Regional dimensions of NATO (including the V4 cooperation)
- "Out of area" (including the Middle East and Afghanistan)
- NATO towards new and potential partners (including Ukraine, Georgia, and others)
- "Open door policy"
- NATO and Russia
- NATO – European Union
- NATO and cyber-security
- NATO and energy security
- Smart defense and capability building
- Nuclear deterrence (both tactical and strategic)
- Other issues related to current NATO's agenda and the Warsaw Summit 2016
- Length of oral presentations: 10-15 minutes
- Venue: Lodz, Poland
- Language: English only
- Deadline for sending a paper proposal: 10 October 2016
- Notification of abstract acceptance: 20 October 2016
- Deadline for a conference fee payment: 4 November 2016
- Conference: 17-18 November 2016
The conference fee for participants presenting papers is 250 PLN (65 EUR/75 USD) or 150 PLN (40 EUR/50 USD) for PhD candidates. The participants with papers are requested to pay the fee after a notification of abstract acceptance. Please do not pay a fee until you receive an e-mail that your paper proposal is accepted.
The conference fee is to be paid by a bank (wire) transfer to the account presented in due time.
Conference participants are to make their own travel and accommodation arrangements. Lunches and refreshments during the conference will be provided by organisers. The fee covers also conference materials.
Registration fees will only be refunded if the notice of cancellation is received before 7 November 2016. Cancellations after 7 November 2016 and no-shows are not eligible for a refund.
Please send an application form to email@example.com
This conference is not to be confused with "Shaping Our NATO: Young Voices on the Warsaw Summit"