At the moment, atlantic-community.org is not offering paid full-time and unpaid part-time internship to support its editorial and outreach team, but this might change soon and you are welcome to apply..
The internships takes place in our office in Berlin and are only for students.
Applicants for the full-time internship should be able to commit to 3 months and will be paid 300,- EUR/month.
Part-time internships are 15-20 hours per week, flexible to meet your university schedule.
As the first online think tank on foreign relations, atlantic-community.org connects experts and citizens in informed policy debate. Founded in 2007, atlantic-community.org is an award-winning project of the non-partisan NGO Atlantische Initiative e.V. in Berlin. We facilitate networking and solution-oriented debate on the common challenges facing North America and Europe. We seek to empower the younger generation, promote transatlantic relations and bring together the collective intelligence of our more than 9,500 members.
What we offer:
- Experience of all aspects of production at a website, including planning, marketing, research, editing, etc.
- Interesting (team)work and substantial support and mentoring.
What you will do:
- Copy editing and proofreading articles submitted to atlantic-community.org.
- Copywriting of communication materials, emails, news releases, and newsletters.
- Excellent written English communication skills, including copywriting and/or journalistic experience.
- Commitment to delivering quality results under time pressure, in a team and at own initiative. You should be a quick learner, dependable, and very well organized.
- Attention to detail, without losing sight of the big picture.
- Intensive knowledge of international affairs beyond the issues that dominate the headlines and a keen interest in transatlantic relations.
- Applicants with a background in international relations, political science, economics or a related field are preferred.
- Previous work experience with online media would be an advantage; familiarity with content management systems, HTML, and video editing software is a plus.
Applicants must be students and eligible to work in Germany and have their own health insurance. We look forward to receiving your cover letter and your CV.
Please also include a writing sample in English, which could either be an op-ed, an essay or term paper on international politics or something else that you consider relevant for the internship.
Please send your application to email@example.com and state the time period you would like to intern in the subject line of your email.
Only PDFs are accepted as attachments. No WORD documents please.
Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to email us or call Jörg Wolf, Editor-In-Chief, at (+49) 30 - 206 337 88.