The North Atlantic Treaty Organization is one of the most important and visible pillars of the transatlantic partnership. Atlantic-community.org's web module "NATO's Agenda" is designed to connect Atlantic Community members to NATO decision makers and encourage constructive debate on the issues facing the Alliance.
"NATO's Agenda" features articles, speeches, and videos spotlighting the activities of the Alliance, including content from NATO sources and analyses from Atlantic Community members. It is also the hub for atlantic-community.org's Question and Answer sessions with senior NATO officials. Our most recent Q&As were with:
- NATO Spokesperson Oana Lungescu about NATO-EU cooperation
- General Jean-Paul Paloméros about NATO's military transformation
- Mari Skaare, the NATO Secretary General's Special Representative for Women, Peace and Security.
You can contribute to the debate by submitting your own op-eds and commenting on other articles. The best ideas and debates are condensed into Atlantic Memos and sent to policymakers in Europe and North America.
EU's Litmus Test in the Western Balkans
The Trump-Merkel Summit: After the Storm, a Vital Trans-Atlantic Agenda
The Lesson From Lithuania
NATO Should be Worried About the United Kingdom
The UK Cannot Afford Capability and Contribution Gaps to NATO Post-Brexit
Trump and NATO: Opportunities and Dangers
Defense of the West: NATO, the European Union and the Transatlantic Bargain
Jeremy Corbyn: An Underrated Threat to NATO
Enhanced EU Defense Cooperation: Good News for NATO?
Corbyn and Trump: Two Sides of the Same Anti-NATO Coin
- EU's Litmus Test in the Western Balkans
- It's the State of our Democracy, Stupid! Why Transatlantic Relations are in Trouble
- The Reverse Trump Effect: EU Populist Movements After Trump Took Office
- Smaller and Larger Nations: Concert of Big Powers or Fair Balance of Interests?
- The Trump-Merkel Summit: After the Storm, a Vital Trans-Atlantic Agenda