Short opinion pieces (500-700 words) with a strong thesis and policy recommendations are the core of the Open Think Tank. Some advice on how to write and submit a great op-ed. We also encourage you to comment on the articles by fellow members.
The best arguments from the articles and comments will be summarized in Atlantic Memos that are presented to decision-makers.
Remedies Against Populism
Sharing, Gigs, On-Demand: Opportunities and Risks of the New Digital Economy
The UK Cannot Afford Capability and Contribution Gaps to NATO Post-Brexit
The US needs TPP as much as TPP needs the US
Trump and NATO: Opportunities and Dangers
Defense of the West: NATO, the European Union and the Transatlantic Bargain
Jeremy Corbyn: An Underrated Threat to NATO
Enhanced EU Defense Cooperation: Good News for NATO?
Corbyn and Trump: Two Sides of the Same Anti-NATO Coin
Atlantic Expedition: Modernizing Transatlantic Relations
- EU's Litmus Test in the Western Balkans
- It's the State of our Democracy, Stupid! Why Transatlantic Relations are in Trouble
- The Reverse Trump Effect: EU Populist Movements After Trump Took Office
- Smaller and Larger Nations: Concert of Big Powers or Fair Balance of Interests?
- The Trump-Merkel Summit: After the Storm, a Vital Trans-Atlantic Agenda